Interested in joining the BAM Family?
Take a look at our current job vacancies below for a Career at BAM:
Email & Ecommerce Marketing Assistant
Job posted: 24 July 2019
Bamboo Clothing is a fast growth (a bit like bamboo) omni channel retailer founded by ex-professional pole vaulter David Gordon, some 12 years ago. David wanted to create a brand with values of putting people and planet at its core. He wanted to demonstrate to bigger brands that you can succeed by doing things ‘the right way’ and have a little fun while you’re doing it.
When David discovered bamboo, he knew he was onto something special. The fabric is supremely soft, 3 times more absorbent than cotton and made from the world’s most sustainable crop.
After a number of years of steady and strong growth we are building our teams (currently around 45 employees) in a bid to become an even more significant brand. And we are looking for an Email and Ecommerce Marketing Assistant to work within our small, friendly yet busy Marketing team.
At BAM we are on a mission to become every active person’s favourite sustainable clothing brand, keeping our customers, people and product our key focus.
We are looking for a marketing graduate with at least 1-year experience working in this field. The role is primarily focused around email marketing. Developing, executing and reporting our email strategy, along with website promotions, product set up and other Ecommerce administrative tasks. You will be reporting to our Digital Marketing Manager and assisting our UX Executive on day to day planning, proofing, reports and administrative tasks. You will be highly organised with an eye for detail, carefully ensuring accuracy and efficiency in everything you do.
- Building emails within ESP – this will include block targeting specified by the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Keeping the website homepage up to date with correlating assets for email promotions.
- Actioning email A/B tests set by the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Monitoring automations using ESP platform.
- May be required to assist in database segmentation tasks for email and other uses.
- Administrative tasks supporting the affiliate programme and digital marketing department.
- Set up, upload and maintain products on the Bamboo Clothing websites powered by Woocommerce, ensuring they are effective across all devices, enriched with all necessary marketing assets including imagery and copy.
- Liaise with Merch Team in London to Merchandise product with categories.
- Liaise with creative teams to update promotional graphics within the CMS.
- Updating site content and creating pages for UX, Marketing and any promotional activity, whilst being consistent with brand guidelines.
- Image selection and optimisation for web and email.
- Assist in product selection using lists provided by merchandising team.
- Use Moz, GA and other available tools for SEO product and category pages.
- Proofreading marketing communications.
- Update promotions calendar and GA Events.
- Assist the team in producing monthly reporting for wider business.
- Monitoring competitor activity.
- Ensure all processes are followed to deliver commercial accuracy and website consistency.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following skills:
- 1-year marketing experience in an Ecommerce capacity
- The ability to learn new skills
- Confident using Microsoft programmes
- A high standard of English and grammar
- Have a creative mind
- Be adventurous or active in their personal life and like the idea of ‘wanderlust’
- Good attention to detail even under pressure
- Ability to work independently and alongside colleagues with time management skills
- Degree in Marketing
- Experience working with WordPress websites
- Experience using Emarsys or another similar email platform
- Basic experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Salary: £18k
- Holiday: 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK or hold a valid work permit.
- Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours a week – 0900 to 1700, half an hour for lunch
- Staff Discount
- Location: Plymouth, Devon.