A new role in a growing area within BAM, we are looking for an experienced Junior Front End Web Developer to work with our UX team and Technical Manager with the goal to create the best digital experiences for our online shoppers. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX wireframes / designs to actual code that will produce visual elements on our website that delight our customers.
Reporting To: UX Designer/Developer
• Taking UI / UX Designs and turning them into workable code for our website
• Working with the UX Designer to ensure the website is consistent with the Style Guide
• Apply best practise coding knowledge to deliver well-structured, considered and re-useable code
• Develop CSS/HTML/JS & jQuery-based tests which manipulate the DOM to run experiments that can inform our decisions based on data.
• Work on optimizing the website, striving for a streamlined and effortless experience for customers with minimal page load times
• Strong demonstrable experience as a Junior Front End Web Developer
• Excellent Front End coding knowledge: HTML5, CSS, jQuery & JS are a must, including mobile-first responsive web design
• 1 – 2 years (minimum) of Commercial experience working on public facing interactive websites
• The ability to demonstrate a past track record of success with portfolio / live site examples
• You can show examples where you have taken a design and have coded this as per the job / project spec.
• Good attention to detail even under pressure
• Ability to work independently and alongside colleagues with time management skills
• The ability to learn new skills
• A high standard of English and grammar
Nice to have
• Experience within WordPress and Woocommerce
• An understanding of ecommerce shopping behaviours and best practices in Web Design
• A positive and creative attitude to change
• Have a solid understanding of the challenges of cross-browser development.
• Experience using and adding code into testing tools such as Google Optimise, Covert, VWO, etc.
– Salary: £25k – 30k depending on experience
– Holiday: 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
– You must be eligible to live and work in the UK or hold a valid work permit.
– Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours a week – 0900 to 1700, half an hour for lunch.
– Staff Discount.
– Location: BAM office in Plymouth, occasional attendance at London office and elsewhere as required by the business.
– Ability to work from home 1-2 days a week
The BAM team demonstrate certain characteristics which we would love for you to share.
• Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Ambitious for what the team can achieve together
• Entrepreneurial nature
• Inspired by working for an ambitious, values driven brand
• Have a sport or activity that they enjoy participating in regularly
• Are proactive, resourceful, curious and love thinking outside of the box.
Everyone is welcome
BAM is an equal opportunities employer and actively supports Human Rights, and all Equality legislation. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We are all about transparency, honesty, integrity, and fun. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements.