Interested in joining the BAM Family?
Take a look at our current job vacancies below for a Career at BAM:
Job posted: 29th June 2020
Bamboo Clothing is a fast growth (a bit like bamboo) omni channel retailer founded by ex-professional pole vaulter David Gordon, some 12 years ago. David wanted to create a brand with values of putting people and planet at its core. He wanted to demonstrate to bigger brands that you can succeed by doing things ‘the right way’ and have a little fun while you’re doing it.
When David discovered bamboo, he knew he was onto something special. The fabric is supremely soft, 3 times more absorbent than cotton and made from the world’s most sustainable crop.
After a number of years of steady and strong growth we are building our teams (currently around 45 employees) in a bid to become an even more significant brand. And we are looking for an UX designer/developer to work within our small, friendly yet busy digital marketing team.
At BAM we are on a mission to become every active person’s favourite sustainable clothing brand, keeping our customers, people and product our key focus.
A new role in a growing area within BAM, we are looking for an experienced UX Designer with Front-End developer tendencies to work with our developer and UX lead with the goal to create the best digital experiences for our online shoppers.
Reporting To: Head of Digital Marketing
• Visual and UX design and consistency of user experience
• Working with the brand and catalogue design team to evolve brand and style guidelines into the website design systems
• Conduct UX audits for all our Marketing real estate – forms, landing pages, emails, site journeys etc coordinating with the UX lead on leveraging user data and empirical research on UX best practice.
• Develop CSS/HTML-based tests which manipulate the DOM to run experiments.
• Liaise on the Information Architecture of the site and the impact on UX.
• Providing regular periodic status reports feeding back on UX roadmap
• Strong demonstrable experience as a UX designer/consultant
• Solid front end coding knowledge; HTML5, CSS Jquery & JS including mobile-first responsive web design
• Good attention to detail even under pressure
• Experience of CRO, including configuration of A/B or multivariate tests in Convert, Optimizely, Google Optimize, VWO or similar testing platforms
• The ability to demonstrate a past track record of success with portfolio examples
• You can show examples where you have taken a complex structure and created a simplified UX flow that is engaging and easy to digest
• Ability to work independently and alongside colleagues with time management skills
• The ability to learn new skills
• A high standard of English and grammar
• Experience within WordPress and Woocommerce
• An understanding of ecommerce shopping behaviours and best practices in UX design
• A positive and creative attitude to change
• Have a solid understanding of the challenges of cross-browser development.
• Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
– Salary: £TBC – Competitive, dependant on experience
– Holiday: 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
– You must be eligible to live and work in the UK or hold a valid work permit.
– Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours a week – 0900 to 1700, half an hour for lunch.
– Staff Discount.
– Location: BAM office in Plymouth, occasional attendance at London office and elsewhere as required by the business.
Apply with a cover note and CV explaining why you may be suitable plus your current salary and expectation.
Apply with CV and Covering Note
No Agencies, thank you