Interested in joining the BAM Family?
BAM is a fast growing, truly sustainable, ecommerce activewear business. We have set ourselves the goal of being internationally recognised as the best sustainable activewear brand by 2025.
The company was set up in 2006 by David Gordon who wanted to prove a sustainable business could be commercially successful. Identifying bamboo as one of the planet’s most sustainable crops, which could be made into supersoft performance fabrics, inspired him to create BAM, the first bamboo clothing company in Europe.
Having achieved years of double-digit growth, whilst staying true to our core values of putting people and planet first, BAM is now looking for new talent to join our team, to contribute to, and be part of, our exciting next stage of growth.
• We own our impact on the planet
• Whilst asking for excellence we always treat people with respect and kindness. Suppliers, customers, and ourselves
• We are always looking for creative solutions to drive profitable long-term growth
• We believe in the pursuit of active health and encourage and support others regardless of age or ability
• We never stop pushing ourselves
Current Roles Available Are:
Data Business Analyst - Plymouth, Devon
Job posted: 8th June 2022
Apply with CV and Covering Note
At BAM, our vision is simple – create activewear & clothes that are best for performance and kindest to people and the planet. We are leading the industry forward with ethical, conscious, and considered values and proving that business can be a force for good. Why aren’t all clothes made this way?
We’re a fast growing, climate positive, direct to consumer e-commerce activewear brand with enabling you to explore the world and leave no footprint.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a mission-based innovative business in the South West.
Our Values, we’d hope you share:
Never accept the status quo, relentlessly challenge and recreate it through leadership, innovation & creativity.
Be a voice for the planet. Show our customers there’s a better way.
Think like an entrepreneur! Show courage, be determined.
Set the bar high and jump over it. Keep raising your PB and the PBs of those around you.
We win together and lose together. Learn fast. Be collaborative, treat everyone with respect.
Inspire and advocate active lifestyles, crave & achieve your own BAM moments. Everyone is welcome.
Make shaking the world fun. Let’s have a laugh with our customers on our adventure.
We are looking for a talented Data and/or Business Analyst to be the dedicated analyst and go to person within the business to help us uncover both what’s driving performance, and where the opportunities lie. Reporting into the Head of Marketing, this role will be the internal focal point for undertaking detailed customer, product, data, and campaign analysis and reporting.
You’ll be constantly figuring out what makes us tick, what customers are doing and uncovering the opportunities to do things better.
Although not a focus today for the role, experience in forecasting will be highly regarded.
This is an exciting role for someone who is naturally curious and self-driven.
Whilst most of the work will be briefed by the team this role also requires the ability to know what questions to ask and have the proactivity and natural curiosity to go seeking interesting and useful insights that will help inform the business and drive it forward. A high level of numeracy and detail orientated as standard.
You will require advanced capability in Excel, Power Bi and ideally be adept at working with Python, Big Query and GA. Experience using other data management, analytical, visualisation and reporting tools also are welcomed such as Content Square.
This person will work alongside our lead data and media agencies but be the lead person internally. Over time, we hope to grow our internal team with this hire in mind.
- Become the focal point to produce, or support the production of, all data analysis requirements across the BAM business.
- The types of analysis regularly required will include.
- Customer data
- Business results via partners, wholesalers or marketplaces
- Marketing campaigns
- Onsite behaviours
- Customer surveys: Ideally you’d have experience of putting together a survey as well analysis of the delivered data
- Production of companywide and strategic level KPI reports
- Production and upkeep of Business and Marketing dashboards via Power Bi
- Further develop our reporting capabilities through creating a data warehouse or other such tools
- Sustainability and Impact analysis and reporting
- Basic financial and business performance reports
- Forecasting and trend analysis
- Produce the reports and analysis, but also have the interest to look for insights and be part of the discussion to make recommendations based on them
- Whilst reporting into the marketing team this is a companywide resource
- Ability to take adhoc analysis and either directly, or with input from BAM’s external partners, automate where possible and sensible to do so
- Document regular analysis and core data sources and processes
- Become expert in being able to access and extract data from Delstree – BAM’s back office order management system – in order to undertake analysis
- Make recommendations for introducing new tools into the business and be instrumental in implementing them
- Data curiosity – whilst c.80% of work will be briefed by the team there will be time within this role to look for other interesting facts, anomalies and insights in the data that will discover and answer those unknown unknowns.
- Excel wiz – advanced knowledge of Excel and highly capable in utilising the full suite of functionality
- Literate in Google Analytics and Data Studio
- Knowledge of a data visualisation tool e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Content Square
- Ability, interest, and desire to learn more complex tools and analytical techniques – e.g., SAS, Python, R
- Basic knowledge and capability in data engineering and tools e.g., SQL
- An understanding and appreciation of GDPR and data governance
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in a similar role, but could suit an exceptionally talented and motivated individual with directly relevant educational qualifications
Everyone is welcome:
BAM is an equal opportunities employer and actively supports Human Rights, and all Equality legislation.
Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We are all about transparency, honesty, integrity, and fun.
We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements.
Package commensurate with experience
Submit your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be great for this role.
No Agencies, thank you