This is a newly created position ideally suited to an ambitious performance driven marketeer. A great opportunity to play a pivotal role in creating an internationally recognised global brand.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Head of Marketing to lead the planning, execution and performance of all BAM’s marketing and communications. You will be equally inspired to tell compelling brand stories, create inspiring customer journeys and experiences, and build a global community.
Reporting to the Managing Director this role will lead a growing, talented marketing team of 11, and oversee relationships with external Agencies.
As a direct-to-consumer brand the scope of BAM’s marketing includes offline (catalogue, inserts and direct mail), digital (email, PPC, SEO, re-targeting, affiliates), social, influencer and PR. The team is also responsible for all elements of BAM’s website – look, functionality, and performance, increasingly through devising and running a sophisticated CRO and experimentation program.
Performance is measured and driven by a deep understanding of the data, which in turn informs the strategy.
Building further on strong growth in our core UK market, we are also now ideally positioned to take on our ambition to significantly grow our international presence and customer base.
• Along with other senior department heads devise a robust, stretching, inspiring and executable marketing strategy to deliver to BAM’s objectives, opportunities, and ambition
• Enthusiastically lead, manage, develop, and mentor the in-house marketing team
• Working with the marketing team own and manage sales forecasting and marketing budgets. Finding creative and cost-effective ways to optimise opportunities and spend, and take responsibility for ROI.
• Possess knowledge, experience and passion for CRM, data, email, PPC, Google Shopping, Instagram, Facebook, Influencers, direct mail, SEO, email, affiliates, PR, content marketing, CRO, experimentation, partnerships. Have a keen interest to learn about new channel opportunities and the commercial acumen to assess their potential for BAM
• Demonstrate brilliant reporting and communication, leading the team to deliver regular updates on activity, key learnings and insights, and make relevant recommendations which drive profitable growth
• Oversee and co-ordinate Agency relationships to ensure they are accurately briefed and managed by the team and that their activity and input is aligned with the strategy. Ensure commercial value is being achieved from the relationships and that their combined efforts are optimised.
• Working closely with the Brand and Product Director, and in-house creative team, to tell brand stories ensuring the BAM brand values, messages and tone of voice are consistently infused across all marketing activity and customer touchpoints
• Develop clear channel strategies and KPI’s that guide the marketing team to deliver brilliantly constantly striving for best quality and improvements
• Possess a thorough understanding of the key metrics and levers required to drive traffic, convert and retain customers, and optimise lifetime value.
• Skilled at building and managing multi £ million budgets based on robust data analysis and forecasting
• Able to plan and implement a complementary and incremental marketing investment plan as well as monitor and adjust planning based on a test and learn strategy
• Skilled at devising multi-channel customer journeys and touch points to increase conversion, average order value and order frequency
• Get things done – know how to be responsible for identifying and driving priorities and working collaboratively with other departments to establish timelines and deliver to deadlines. Have a strong ‘can do’ attitude
• You will have at least 7 years’ relevant marketing and brand experience ideally within a similar direct-to-consumer brand
• You have an appreciation for the importance and meaning of sustainability, with a passion to share in our desire to lead and bring about change
• You are inspired by working for an ambitious, profitable, values driven brand and are fascinated by the concept of regenerative activewear
• You have a collaborative approach, are a great manager and have a track record of developing a team to overachieve objectives, while thriving and growing in their roles
• You are proactive, resourceful, curious and love thinking outside of the box.
The BAM team demonstrate certain characteristics which we would love for you to share.
• Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Ambitious for what the team can achieve together
• Entrepreneurial nature
• Inspired by working for an ambitious, values driven brand
• Have a sport or activity that they enjoy participating in regularly
• Are proactive, resourceful, curious and love thinking outside of the box.
Everyone is welcome
BAM is an equal opportunities employer and actively supports Human Rights, and all Equality legislation.
Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We are all about transparency, honesty, integrity, and fun.
We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements.
Package commensurate with experience